Coronavirus and Cancer
A list of resources for cancer survivors
As everyone is aware, the entire globe is facing a pandemic, and in attempt to limit the spread of COVID-19, everyone is asked to isolate at home. Older adults or those with compromised immune systems -- such as cancer survivors -- need to be extra careful.
We at Coping magazine are here to remind you that you are not alone –– everyone is in this together. Information is coming in and changing rapidly, and we anticipate that will continue. In an effort to assist you, we've put together some resources specifically for cancer survivors and caregivers.
Below is a list of the resources we want to share:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s Resource for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Find information on symptoms, how to prepare your family, current statistics, up-to-date information, what to do if you're sick, and information for older adults and those with medical conditions.
- Find information on cancer-related risks, tips to protect yourself if you have cancer, and what to do about treatment.
Cancer.Net –– Coronavirus: What People with Cancer Need to KnowCancer Support Community –– What Cancer Patients, Survivors, and Caregivers Need to Know about the Coronavirus
- Find information on special precautions cancer survivors should take and what to do if you think you have COVID-19. Updated daily.
- Resources on Coronavirus for cancer survivors.
- Find information on what cancer survivors need to know, how COVID-19 spreads, how serious coronavirus is, and how you can protect yourself.
- Advice for cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers on who’s most at risk for COVID-19 and what you can do to stay healthy.
- Find up-to-date, evidence-based information specifically for cancer survivors, connect with the cancer community, learn about the legislation, and chat with cancer support hotline counselors.